Tera Ester, MA. BCBA is a member of the National Task Group on Intellectual Disabilities (ID) and Dementia. She is also trained as an Affiliated Regional Trainer for the National Task Group’s Education and Training Curriculum on Dementia and Intellectual & Developmental Disabilities (ID/DD).
Tera Ester offers workshops based on the NTG’s Education and Training Curriculum, which consists of information about national dementia policy, dementia, program and support options, direct care and supports based on degree and stage of dementia, nutrition, medical complications, environmental designs/strategies, supporting families/caregivers, and other related topics. The workshops are geared towards those who care about people/consumers/friends/family with ID/DD & dementia, including program personnel at various levels or from various disciplines, family members, health and social services personnel, ID/DD dementia care staff and administrative personnel. Some, but not all, of the workshop topics include the following:
- Introduction to Aging and ID
- Understanding Dementia in Adultswith ID: What is dementia? How does it present differently in adults with ID?
- Early Detection and Screening for Dementia…Challenges & Resources.
- Obtaining a Diagnosis
- Health Care Advocacy for Adultswith ID and Dementia
- Understanding Challenging Behavior in ID and Dementia
- Non-pharmacologic Interventions for Behavior
- Communication Tips and Strategies
- Adapting the Physical Environment ID and Dementia Capable Residences
- Stage-based Considerations Bridging the Aging and Intellectual Disability Network
Arrangements for various Continuing Education Credits/Units, as well as Certificates of Attendance and Participation, can be provided with each type of training with prior discussion. If you are interested in setting up a workshop for a specific group of people/professionals and/or on a more specific or focused topic related to ID/DD & Dementia, contact Tera via the contact page to schedule a group training. Tera Ester, MA. BCBA is an Approved Continuing Education (ACE) Provider for Board Certified Behavior Analysts.
The training/workshop information provided above is taken from he NTG’s education and training curriculum.